DGE and GES conducted a webinar titled “Career Prospects of Geomatics”
Published Date: 2020-09-20, Sunday
Department of Geomatics Engineering and Geomatics Engineering Society has successfully conducted a powerpack webinar titled “Career Prospects of Geomatics” with the vision to explore the prospects of Geomatics. The welcome remarks and overview of the Department of Geomatics Engineering have been presented by Dr. Subash Ghimire, Assistant Professor and Acting Head of Department. The six keynote speakers are:
- Mr. Uttam Pudasaini- He is a tech Entrepreneur & the Co-founder of NAXA, a geospatial service provider company, and Executive Director at Nepal Flying Labs. He was connected with us from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Mr. Bishrant Adhikari - He is a GIS Analyst and Developer with more than eight years of experience with Desktop, Mobile, and WebGIS. He was connected with us from Texas.
- Mr. Sharad Chandra Mainali - He is the President at Nepal Geomatics Engineering Society (NGES) and also a former president of the Student Welfare council, Kathmandu University. He was connected with us from Solukhumbu, Nepal.
- Mr. Shangharsha Thapa - He has worked as the Teaching Assistant under the then Department of Civil and Geomatics Engineering on major subjects like Surveying, Geodesy, Instructed UAV Image Processing, and GNSS Data Processing for 3 years. He was connected with us from Sweden.
- Ms. Bhuwan Ranjit - She is an instructor and Survey Officer at Land Management Training Centre, under the Ministry of Land Management, Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation of the Government of Nepal from 2012. She was connected with us from the Netherlands.
- Mr. Shital Dhakal - He is a certified Geographic Information System (GIS) Consultant with extensive experience in Esri's Enterprise ArcGIS stack and product architecture. . He was connected with us from California.
Last Updated Date: 2020-09-20,Sunday
School of Engineering, Department of Geomatics Engineering