Dr. Gajendra Sharma completed doctoral degree in Information Systems Engineering from Harbin Institute of Technology, China. He received the degree of Masters of Engineering in Electronics and Communication in 1997 from Moscow Technical University of Telecommunication and Informatics, Russia. During the following years, he was employed in different IT companies and corporate organizations in Nepal as a professional engineer. He had also worked in a managerial and academic position in different companies and engineering institutions. He also served as a chief of engineering campus in Nepal for six years from 2005 to 2011. Besides managerial and technical work experience, he has been engaged in academic activities for more than twenty years. His research and teaching interest is focused on information systems, e-commerce (including e-business), strategic management of information technology (IT), IT adoption, design and evaluation of IT infrastructure, strategic management of IT as well as e-governance and ethics. Moreover, he has research interest on crisis and emergency management. He published research papers in some of the top-tier information systems and IT journals such as Information Systems Frontiers, Internet Research, Information Technology and People, Telecommunications Policy, International Journal of Web Based Communities and Electronic Commerce Research. He published more than 100 papers on information systems and technology in international journals and conference proceedings. He is a reviewer and technical editor of a number of peer review journals relating to information systems and IT. He worked in Liaoning Technical University, China at the department of Information Systems as an Associate Professor from 2011-2014. He completed postdoctoral research on IT Management (e-governance and ethics) from Dalian University of Technology, China coordinating with Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. In the meantime, he has been working in Kathmandu University, Nepal.
• Committee coordinator and member: COVID combating Technology Projects funded by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST)
• Member and Advisor: Association of Computer Engineers Nepal (ACEN)
• Center for Cyber Security and Research Innovation, Nepal
• IT Teachers Association Nepal
• Director of Loving Centre for Disaster Victims (Korea) for Disaster Victims Support in Nepal
• Nepal PhD Association
• Nepal Academy of Science and Technology- IT
• Nepal Engineering Council
• Nepal Engineers Association (NEA)
• Society of Electronics and Communication Engineers Nepal (SECEN)
• Asia Association of Crisisonomy (AAC)
• Mitrakunj (Friend's Club) Nepal
International Conferences Organization and Scientific Committee Member:
1. 2020 International Conference on Modern Educational Technology and Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ICMETIE2020), January 10-12 in Sanya, China.
2. Ninth International Conference on Mobile & Wireless Networks (MoWiN 2020), March 28-29, Sydney, Australia (Program Committee Member).
3. Twenty Fourth Istanbul International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology (IRTET-2020), Turkey, March 2-4, 2020 (Scientific Committee Member).
4. Twentieth European International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering and Technology (ERTET-20), January 20-22, 2020, Madrid, Spain Nepal (Scientific Committee Member).
5. Twenty Third Pattaya International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology (PAET-19), December 9-10, Thailand (Scientific Committee Member).
6. Thirteenth International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management, Sep 25-26, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal (Organizer).
7. International Conference on Advances in Engineering, Technology and Contemporary Management Trends (ICAETCMT), September 20, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal (Scientific Committee Member).
8. Fourth International Conference on Software Engineering (SOEN 2019), June 29-30, Sydney, Australia (Program Committee Member).
9. First IEEE International Conference on Advances In Information Technology (ICAIT-2019) organized by AdiChunchanagiri University, Co-sponsored by
10. IEEE Bengaluru Chapter, July 25-27, New Delhi, India (International Advisory Committee Member).
11. Fourth International Conference on Information, Communication and Computing Technology (ICICCT-2019) in collaboration with Springer CCIS and Computer Society of India, May 11, 2019 (Reviewer and Committee Member).
12. Second International Himalayan Conference on Advanced Engineering and ICT-Convergence 2019 (ICAEIC-2019), January 8-12, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal.
13. The Fourth Conference on Accounting and Financial Management (AFM 2019), March 23-25, 2019, Xian, China.
14. Fifth International Conference on Software Engineering (SEC 2019), February 23-24, UAE Dubai (Reviewer and Committee Member).
15. Twelfth International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management, November 22-24, Singapore.
16. Third International Conference on Information, Communication and Computing Technology (ICICCT-2018) in collaboration with Springer CCIS and Computer Society of India, May 12, 2018 (Reviewer and Committee Member).
17. Third International Conference on Energy Science and Environmental Geotechnical Technology (ICESEGE 2018), July 20-22, 2018, China.
18. TISHW International Conference on Technology and Innovation in Sports, Health and Wellbeing (TISHW 2018), June 20-22, 2018- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece.
19. International Symposium on Management, Education and Information Technology (SMEIT 2018), October 26-28, 2018, Suzhou, China (Committee Member and Speaker).
20. Second IEEE International Conference on Inventive Communication and Computational Technologies, April Apr 20-21, 2018, India.
21. Eleventh International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management and Local Resilience Forum, December 15-17, South Korea.
22. 2019 Fourth International Conference on Humanities Science, Management and Education Technology (HSMET 2019), June 21-23, 2019, Singapore.
23. 2018 Third International Conference on Humanities Science, Management and Education Technology, June 8-10, 2018, Nanjing, China.
24. 2017 Second International Conference on Humanities, Science, Management and Education Technology, September 22-24, 2017, Zuhai, China.
25. IT4D 2018: International Conference on Network Security, Communication Engineering and E-Learning for Development (ICONSCEED 2018), Kathmandu, Nepal.
26. Seventh International Conference on Engineering and Business Management (EBM 2016), March 5-7, 2016, Beijing, China.
27. IEEE Second International Conference on Communication Systems and Computing Application Science (CSCAS 2016), March 19-20, Jeju Island, South Korea.
• Webinar on Cyber Security Context in Nepal organized by Center for Cyber Security Research and Innovation (CSRI) and Information Security Response Team Nepal in association with Nepal Telecommunications Authority and CAN Federation, September 1, 2020.
• Webinar on ‘Can Machines Beat Humans?’ Organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Kathmandu University. August 26, 2020.
• International Webinar on Progressing from Humanities to Digital Humanities Organized by Dr. Biren Boruah Library and Ledo College, August 2, 2020, Assam, India
• Workshop on ‘Why Deep Leaning over Conventional Machine Learning?’ An Introspection. August 1, 2020.
• Third National Workshop on Machine Learning and Data Science. July 30- August 3, 2020, Kathmandu, Nepal (Advisor).
• Webinar on Online Education and Evaluation: Current Status and Way Forward organized by IT Association Nepal, July 18, 2020 (Speaker).
• Talk program on Principles and Implementation Issues in e-Governance: A Global Trend, Nepal Open University, July 2, 2020 (Speaker).
• Webinar on Knowledge Based Economy in Nepalese Context organized by IT Association Nepal, June 20, 2020 (Speaker).
• Global Health Industry Cooperation Conference-Leaders' Online Video Summit (GHICC 2020), under the theme Advanced Technology for Human Health, June 9, 2020, Beijing, China.
• Webinar Session on Higher Education Governance after Pandemic hosted by Kalpa Academy Center for Governance and Sustainable Development, June 6, 2020.
• Webinar on Academic Paper Writing organized by Nepal PhD Association and IT Teachers Association Nepal, June 5, 2020 (Resource person).
• Webinar on Digitalization of Teaching, Learning, and Evaluation organized by Society of Electronics and Computer Engineers Nepal (SECEN), June 4, 2020.
• Webinar on One School Global Case Study: Innovative Approach to Online Learning organized by Panopto Marketing, June 4, 2020, Melbourne, Australia.
• Webinar on Role of Digital Governance in Public Service Delivery during and beyond Pandemic organized by Association of Computer Engineers Nepal, May 23, 2020 (Speaker and Session Panelist).
• Webinar on e-Governance during and after COVID-19 organized by Association of Computer Engineers Nepal with support of Nepal Research and Education Network, May 15, 2020 (Speaker).
• Talk program on e-Governance Issues and Challenges, Nepal Open University, February 29, 2020 (Invited Speaker).
• International Conference on Mobile Computing and Sustainable Informatics (ICMCSI 2020), January 13-14, Kathmandu, Nepal (Session Chair).
• Seminar on Digital Nepal Framework organized by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, December 18, 2019.
• International Conference on Information Technology for Development (IT4D), November 7-8, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal (Session Panelist)
• Thirteenth International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management, Sep 25-26, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal (Keynote Speaker).
• One day conference on Technology for Sustainability organized by Kantipur City College, Purbanchal University, July 27, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Workshop on Building Digital Nepal: Role of ICT Professionals organized by Society of Electronics and Communication Engineers Nepal, July 6, 2019, Nepal.
• Eighth Global Crisisonomy Symposium and the Twelfth Sino-Korea Symposium on Crisis and Emergency Management, June 13-14, Jeju National University, Korea (Keynote speaker).
• One Day Symposium on Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development organized by Kathmandu University, May 24, 2019 (Moderator- panel discussion).
• Global High-end Manufacturing Summit (GHMS2019), May 13-16, 2019, Changsha, China (Invited Speaker).
• First Himalayan Engineering Geological Congress (HEGC-I), May 12-13, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal (Invited Speaker and Session Chair).
• Digital Nepal Framework Workshop organized by Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, May 3, 2019, Nepal
• Global Symposium on Artificial Intelligence in Governance and Disaster Management organized by Special Centre for Disaster Research, Jawaharlal Nehru University, March 10-13, 2019, New Delhi, India (Invited Speaker).
• Talk Program on Research Paper Writing jointly organized by USEF Research Centre, Nepal and Kalinga University, India, March 2, 2019 (Invited speaker).
• Talk program on IT Education organized by Bernhardt College, Kathmandu, February 25, 2019 (Invited speaker).
• Second International Himalayan Conference on Advanced Engineering and ICT-Convergence (ICAEIC 2019) jointly organized by ICT-AES (Korea) and SECEN (Nepal), January 8-12, 2019, Kathmandu Nepal (Session Chair and paper presentation).
• Fifth International Conference on Recent Trend on Computing (ICRTC 2018) organized by SRM Institute of Science and Technology, December 27-28, 2018, Gaziabad, India (Session Chair and paper presentation on E-Learning).
• One day talk program on Digital Consumer Rights organized by Sewa Nepal and Kathmandu University, December 18, 2018, IT Park, Kavre, Nepal.
• Twelfth International Conference and Crisis and Emergency Management sponsored by National Research Foundation of Korea, November 22-24, 2018, Singapore (Keynote Speaker).
• Digital Nepal Conference, organized by Asia Pacific, Frost & Sullivan, August 3, 2018, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Fifth International Conference on Information Technology for Development (IT4D) organized by Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan and Deerwalk Institute of Technology, August 3-5, Kathmandu, Nepal (Session Chair).
• Equal Education Opportunity By Ubiquitous Learning Technology (EEO BULT) Leadership Workshop jointly organized by NS Devil (Korea), Kathmandu University and Tribhuvan University, July 27-28, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Multi-Stakeholder Workshop on ICT for SDG in Education, Health and Governance sector organized by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology and Nepal Telecommunication Authority, June 21, 2018, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Workshop on Pedagogy for Distance and Online Learning organized by Nepal Open University, April 30-May 1, 2018, Lalitpur, Nepal.
• U-Learning Training jointly organized by Chinju National University (Korea), Kathmandu University (Nepal), Tribhuvan University (Nepal) and NS Devil (Korea), January 13-15, 2018, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Eleventh International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management, Dec. 15-17, 2017 (Invited Speaker), Korea.
• Tenth International Conference on Innovations in Science, Engineering, Computers and Technology (ISECT-2017), Oct. 17-19, 2017 Dubai (Keynote speech and Session Chair), UAE.
• Ninth International Conference on Recent Trends in Science, Engineering, Computers and Technology (RTSECT-2017) organized by Dignified Researchers Publication (DiRPUB), August 9-11, 2017 (Keynote speech and Session Chair), Singapore.
• Tenth International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management organized by International Society of Crisis and Emergency Management, June 17-18, 2016, Lucerne, Switzerland.
• International conference on ASIAN Knowledge Networks for the Economy, Society, Culture and Environmental Stability, jointly organized by Chiang RaiRajabhat University, Thailand and Kathmandu University, Nepal, June 6- 10, 2016, Manila, Philippines.
• Seventh National Conference on Science and Technology organized by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, March 29-31, 2016, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• One day Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights organized by Kathmandu University, March 21, 2016.
• Sixth International Conference on Operations Research for Sustainable Development. Organized by CG Institute of Management and Operational Research Society of Nepal, February 1-2, 2016, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• A Seminar on Bio-energy as the Major Alternative Energy Source in the Changed Context of Nepal: Challenges and Opportunities. Jointly organized by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) and People, Energy & Environment Development Association (PEEDA), November 6, 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Workshop on J-RAPID Nepal. Jointly organized by Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment Nepal and Japan Science and Technology Agency, October 28, 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Seminar on Practical Way of Project Management. Jointly organized by Nepal AOTS Society and Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in association with Kathmandu University, September 23-24, 28-30, 2015, Nepal.
• International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management, September 12-13, Tokyo, Japan.
• International conference on Data Mining, Electronics and Information Technology (Keynote speech), August 10-11, Pattaya, Thailand.
• Provided three days training on Research Methodology to Ph.D. and Masters’ students, at Kathmandu University funded by University Grants Commission, June 29-July 1, 2015, Nepal.
• International workshop on Building Strong Universities jointly organized by Kathmandu University and Denish Universities. April 23-24, Pokhara, Nepal.
• International conference on ASIAN Knowledge Networks for the Economy, Society, Culture and Environmental Stability, jointly organized by Chiang RaiRajabhat University, Thailand and Kathmandu University, Nepal. March 31- April 1, 2015, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• International Seminar on Media and Human Rights: Problems and Prospects (Keynote speech), Organized by Department of Mass Communication, Assam University, March 11-12, 2015, Silchar, India.
• National workshop on the ‘Primer Series on Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICTD) for Youth’: Project Management and ICTD, Organized by Kathmandu University in collaboration with UN-APCICT, July 7-8, 2014, Nepal.
• Training on ‘E-Learning through Moodle’ jointly organized by Kathmandu University and University Grants Commission, June 19-20, 2014, Nepal.
• Disaster Risk Management Symposium, December 12-14, 2013, Saga, Japan.
• Seventh International Conference on Crisis and Emergency Management (Keynote speech), Chungbuk National University, October 9-11, 2013, Chungbuk, Korea.
• 2013 Pacific Asia Symposium on Crisis and Emergency Management, Mundus Institute of Governance, June 22-23, 2013, Netherlands.
• Thirteenth National Convention of Engineers. Culminating Engineers’ Vision and Wisdom for Connecting Transition to the Prosperous Future, April 28-30, 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• International Conference on Information Communication Technology, February 17-18, 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• First Science One International Conference on Information Technology, February 6-7, 2013, Dubai, UAE.
• IEEE International Conference on Management Science & Engineering, November 24-26, 2010, Australia.
• Ninth International Conference on E-business, May 29-31, 2010, Wuhan, China.
• International Conference on Challenges on Environmental Science and Computer Engineering, March 6-7, 2010, Wuhan, China.
• National Convention of Engineers organized by Nepal Engineers’ Association, May 13-15, 2009, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Workshops and seminars conducted by Institute of Engineering (IOE), Pulchowk Campus, Lalitpur, 2008, Nepal.
• Training relating to Financial Management and Budgetary Planning, Marketing Management, Leadership training for Business Executives jointly organized by Pokhara Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and Handwerkskammer Rheinhessen, 2005, Mainz, Germany.
• Seminars, training and interaction program relating to Telecommunications and Information Communication Technology (ICT) organized by Nepal Telecom, 2001-2004, Nepal.
• Excellence in reviewing in Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science, April 2020.
• Nabil Science and Technology Award provided by Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), April 2019.
• Best paper Award in Second International Himalayan Conference on Advanced Engineering and ICT-Convergence (ICAEIC-2019), January 8-12, 2019, Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Outstanding reviewers Award in Fourth International Conference on Information, Communication and Computing Technology (ICICCT-2019), India.
• Nominated for National Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Excellence Award 2019 by Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, May 2019, Nepal.
• Nepal Vidhyabhusan ‘Ka’ (Category A) by president of Nepal (Education Excellence Award).
• Received Foreign Expert Certificate by government of Peoples Republic of China in the field of information systems and technology.
• Full Scholarship under the sponsorship of the Chinese Scholarship Council for a full term of Ph.D. and Postdoc research in China.
• Certified registered Electronics and Communication engineer of "A" category by the Nepal Engineering Council, 1998.
• Scholarship under the sponsorship of the Russian Federation for a full term of Engineering Studies.
• Listed in'Marquis Who's Who in the World, 29th Edition (2012 & 2015)’.
• Reviewer/ Technical Editor of following peer review journals relating to Information Systems and IT:
- Telematics and Informatics (Elsevier)
- Information Systems Journal (Wiley)
- Journal of Basic and Applied Research International
- Information Technology Journal (Science Alert)
- Journal of Applied Sciences
- Research Journal of Information Technology
- Asian Journal of Information Management
- Research Journal of Business Management
- Internet Research (Emerlad)
- Information Technology and People (Emerlad)
- Electronic Library (Emerlad)
- International Journal of Web-Based Communities
- Journal of Global Marketing
- Total Quality Management and Business Excellence
- Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence
- Journal of Systems and Information Technology
- International Review of Administrative Sciences
- European Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Kathford International College of Engineering and Management
- International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management
- Science Technology and Development
- Bentham Science Publishers
- Journal of Media and Communication Studies
- COJ Electronics & Communications
- SciFed Journal of Otolaryngology
- Journal of Computer Science (Science Publications)
- Asian Journal of Research in Computer Science
- Journal of Management Research (Macrothink Institute, USA)
- African Educational Research Journal
- Marketing Intelligence and Planning
- Journal of Service Theory and Practice
- Journal of Applied Science
- International Journal of Distributed & Cloud Computing
- Publishing India Group
- Journal of Safety and Crisis Management
- Australian Journal of Information Systems
- International Journal of Sensors, Wireless Communications and Control
- International Journal of Recent Academic Research
- Journal of Advances in Mathematics and Computer Science
- Journal of Scientific Research and Reports
- Asian Journal of Research and Review in Physics (IT related papers)
- Journal of Macrothink Institute
- Big Data
- Archives of Current Research International
- International Journal of Managing Public Sector Information and Communication
- Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology
- Jagannath University Research Journal
- Asian Journal of Education and Social Studies
- International Journal of Computer Graphics & Animation
- International Journal of VLSI Design & Communication Systems
- International Journal of Managing Public Sector Information and Communication
- Journal of Technology and Science
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management
E-commerce: E-business, web 2.0 and virtual world, consumer behavior.
E-government: Influencing factors of e-government and public participation, technology ethics, technology acceptance.
Information Technology (IT): Strategic management of IT, IT adoption, design and evaluation of IT infrastructure, Internet of Things, Big Data, Information Security.
Management: Crisis and emergency management.