Vacancy Announcement for Teaching Assistant for Laboratory Classes at DESE
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering (DESE) KU the School of Science, Kathmandu University is seeking a candidate in the position of Teaching Assistant for Laboratory classes on contract basis for six month. The incumbent will be stationed in the Pollution Laboratory of DESE and work under the direct Supervision of Head of the Department (HOD) of DESE.
- The incumbent will work in the Pollution Laboratory situated in Block-6 of Dhulikhel campus. The candidate is also expected to work in the Full Scale Constructed Wetland facility of the Dhulikhel campus, Premises where Lysimeter and other pilot scale facilities are located. Frequent travel to the sampling sites, treatment plants, other analytical laboratories in Dhulikhel and out-of Dhulikhel is expected.
- The incumbent will prepare chemicals, sampling bottles, reagents and other essential items to run the experiments and analysis of the environmental quality parameters.
- The incumbent will receive instructions from the Faculty and Supervisors, conduct the laboratory sessions for the students and help students to run the experiments.
- The incumbent will help students undertaking project or thesis to design the reactors or other laboratory scale operating units, collect parts or other items from the market or workshops, assemble the parts and operate the facilities.
- The incumbent will collect samples and analyze various parameters as instructed by the Program Coordinator (PC) of Environmental Engineering (ENE) or HOD, DESE.
- The incumbent will estimate the quantities of the chemicals, reagents or items essential in the analytical laboratory or the experimental facilities and keep record updated.
- The incumbent will communicate with the School of Science Administrative and/ or Finance office in purchasing the chemicals, equipments such as pumps, incubators and samplers.
- The incumbent will ensure the smooth functioning of the facilities such as constructed wetland the lysimeter. He / She will identify the issues, concerns and operational problems of these facilities and report to the concerned Supervisors.
Required qualifications and Competencies
The candidate is expected to have at least Four Years Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or in any other branches of Science. Prior Experience in any analytical laboratory would receive high priority in selection. Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview. All interested candidates are requested to submit the written application in person with a copy of citizenship certificate, the updated CV and copies of educational certificates and testimonials of work experience in hard copy by 2 October 2012 to the following address:
Head of the Department (HOD)
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering (DESE)
KU School of Science, Kathmandu University