School of Science
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS - 2023
(Date of publication: 8 September 2023)
DOCUMENT VERIFICATION AND ADMISSION NOTICE
It is notified that the following applicants of Undergraduate Admission-2023 in the School of Science at Kathmandu University are selected for document verification and admission in the programs as indicated below:
Verification and Admission List (First List):
- B.Sc. in Agriculture Click Here
- B.Sc. in Applied Physics Click Here
- B.Sc. in Bioinformatics Click Here
- B.Tech. Biotechnology Click Here
- B.Sc. in Computational Mathematics Click Here
- B.Sc. in Computer Science Click Here
- B.E. in Environmental Engineering Click Here
- B.Sc. in Environmental Science Click Here
*Note: 2nd & 3rd List may be published depend upon the seats available in Computer Science, Biotechnology and Agriculture
Selected applicants are required to contact admission office, School of Science, Block No. 06, Room No. 106 for document verification and admission from 10 September to 15 September, 2023 between 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
For Computer Science: Selected applicants are required to contact Department of Computer Science and Engineering, admission office, School of Engineering, Block No. 09, Room No.311 for document verification and admission from 10 September to 15 September, 2023 between 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Procedures for Document Verification and Admission:
Candidates are required to strictly follow the given instructions:
- Appear in person at admission office with original documents (and with clear copies of them) and the system generated Admit Card of PBT (indicating PCM/PCB exam taken).
- Submit to the concerned department, 2 copies of transcript (or mark sheets) of +2 or equivalent (A level, IB level), 3 recent photos (PP size) along with 2 each copy of SEE mark sheet, character certificate(s) clearly indicating the date of birth, parent name, citizenship and original migration.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
- In order to be fully eligible for admission, candidates must have passed 10+2 level (or equivalent) with a minimum aggregate GPA of 2.0 or Aggregate 50% in percentage scale. Candidates must have appeared in Kathmandu University Common Admission Test (KUSoS-PBT 2023) and obtained the required threshold score in the test. Students, who have completed 10+2 in Biology stream and applying for PCM test must have taken an additional mathematics course and passed it with required scores. An additional requirement of minimum marks or grade in aggregate and individual subjects as specified for individual programs.
- Candidates who have passed all courses of Grade XI and are waiting for Grade Increment Exam of grade XII are also eligible for provisional admission if the candidate is able to score pass marks in KUSoS PBT 2023 entrance exam. Candidates* are requested to inquiry in detail during admission time who will be admitting in provisional basis.
- Candidates must appear in KUSoS PBT 2023 entrance exam with PCM or PCB test group for all programs.
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalent GCSE A-Level shall have at least 3 courses at Advanced Level (A level) and 1 in AS level. Course combination PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Whenever percentage uniform mark (PUM) criteria are provided, then, aggregate 50% in percentage scale will be applicable. If PUM is not provided, Grade D in PCM/PMCs will be applicable.
- For International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma students must have at least 6 courses including either PCM or PMCs. Course combination of PCM or PMCs is applicable as per the specific program. Students must have a final IB grade of 3 in each course separately.
- Candidates who have completed +2 equivalents with foreign educational boards shall be submitting the marks equivalent to grades from equivalence authority KU at the time of admission.
- CTEVT diploma holders (3 years education after SLC/SEE) may apply in the related discipline corresponding to their field of study at the diploma level. Eligibility requirements are the same as that of percentage criteria for NEB +2 graduates.
- In case of a dispute related to application, eligibility, PBT exam and PBT score, the decision of KUSoS PBT 2023 committee will be final.
Mode of Payment:
- Pay the required fees to the account of the Kathmandu University, School of Science at any branch of the following banks:
Nepal Investment Bank Ltd. (NIBL): A/C No. 005 01030 255530
- Payment (Fee) can also be transferred through ConnectiPS to the above bank account.
Fee at the time of admission:
- For Environmental Engineering: NRs. 195,000 (One Hundred Ninety-Five Thousand rupees only),
- For Computer Science Program: NRs. 194,000 (One Hundred Ninety-Four Thousand rupees only),
- For Biotechnology and Agriculture program: NRs. 197,000 (One Hundred Ninety-Seven Thousand rupees only),
- For Environmental Science and Computational Mathematics programs: NRs. 190,000 (One Hundred Ninety Thousand rupees only).
- For Bioinformatics programs: NRs. 191,000 (One Hundred Ninety-One Thousand rupees only).
- For Applied Physics programs: NRs. 151,000 (One Hundred Fifty-One Thousand rupees only).
Please do not pay any fee before the document verification. After document verification keep a copy of the payment slip with you for your record.
- Submit one copy of payment voucher to the admission office and fill up the admission and registration forms completely. Sign the declaration yourself and get signature of your guardian too.
- In the event that erroneous information or invalid documents have been provided by the applicant, intentionally or otherwise, the application will be rejected and admission will be invalidated.
- Any request for extension of the admission deadline will not be considered.
- Unfilled seats, if any, will be offered to the alternative candidates. Please keep checking KU website for subsequent verification and admission lists.
- The bank at KU will open till 3:00 PM on working days except Friday (2.00 pm).
- After Admission, Candidates willing to withdraw from any program are required to submit the withdrawal request with the consent of his/her guardian.
- Students applying for withdrawal by 29 September, 2023 will get refund of 70% of the paid fees
- Students withdrawing after 29 September, 2023 will NOT be eligible to get any refund.
- 10% each for international and inclusion Quota are reserved in each program
- For quota admission, Scholarships, please contact or follow the notice of Directorate of Admissions, Equivalence, Scholarship and Alumni.
Click Below for Verification and Admission List (First List):